Jefferson County Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Library Page - Various Locations
at Jefferson County Jobs
Pay: up to $11.1/hour
$11.1 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2494293
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services
Overall Job Objective
- OUR PROMISEJefferson County Public Library will always be here to connect you to the people, ideas and inspiration for whatever's next in life. Define your destination, and we'll help you get there. So you can always be learning. Always be creating. And always be discovering something new.
We help to build an educated and vibrant community by providing equal access to information and opportunities.
We will be the essential destination where all generations connect, discover, and create.
We serve with care; everyone is welcome here. We meet you where you are, give you our full attention, and strive to exceed your expectations.
Our core values are Innovation, Accountability, and Excellence.
Do you enjoy working on a team as a materials handler? Are you inspired to perform the duties of a Page ensuring materials are shelved accurately? Do you want to create a positive and inviting atmosphere for all patrons, work directly with staff and volunteers, and contribute to the care of the library collection? If you are ready to make a positive impact on the Library's success, then one of these part time positions may be the job for you!
Jefferson County Public Library offers schedules to assist in your work/life balance, various wellness opportunities helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle, and trainings for personal and professional growth.Watch a video about the Library's role in the community!
This is an ongoing job posting for Page positions. Vacancies open throughout the year at various locations: Standley Lake, Arvada, Edgewater, Golden, Lakewood, Belmar, Columbine, Evergreen, and Conifer as well as the Bookmobile housed at the Lakewood Library. Applications will be reviewed as vacancies open. Applications remain active until this job posting closes. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted (by phone or email). An applicant may be interviewed for a Page position at more than one location.
- Essential Duties
- Be ready for the physicality of the position - standing, lifting, carrying, kneeling, and reaching as you sort, shelve, and organize materials.
- Collaborate with fellow Pages to ensure successful materials processing and back room functions of the library. We circulate over 7 million items each year!
- Be an organizer of materials as well as sorting and shelving to ensure items are accurately placed - your efforts impact how easily our patrons find items on library shelves.
- Showcase our displayed materials so they are visually appealing to patrons.
- Provide exceptional customer service by being welcoming and friendly.
- Occasionally help patrons locate materials, answer directional questions, or assist patrons at the self-check kiosk.
- Troubleshoot equipment to ensure it operates correctly.
- Be an active participant in staff meetings and required trainings.
- Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
- Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position. The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
- Minimum age: 16, as of the date of your application.
- Ability to interpret information produced by computer software and utilize the information to process materials.
- Ability to stand, bend, crouch, stretch, and push book carts for four or more hours in this physical job.
- Ability to put things in numerical and alphabetical order and pull items (books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, etc.) from sorter bins.
- Ability to be organized, detail oriented, visually creative and have a knack for merchandising our materials on display.
- Ability to exert 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Additional Information
Requirements & Additional Information for Page Position
Mon thru Thurs:Morning shift = 7:00a-11:00a
- Available to work 12 - 16 hours per week which may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Attend required trainings.
- Offer of employment contingent on criminal background check.
- Our Page shifts differ by location:
Afternoon shift = 10:00a-2:00p
Late Afternoon shift = 1:00p-5:00p
Evening shift = 4:00p-8:00pFri and Sat: Sun:
Locations (Evergreen, Edgewater, Arvada, Golden) operate on 3 shifts:Mon thru Thurs:Morning shift = 8:00a-12:00p
Afternoon shift = 12:00p-4:00pEvening shift = 4:00p-8:00aFri, Sat, Sun:
Conifer operates on 2 shifts:
Mon thru Thurs:Afternoon shift = 1:30p-5:30pEvening shift = 3:00p-7:00pFri - 2:00p-6:00p
Sat - 9:00a-1:00p; 12:00p-4:00p
Sun - 12:00p-4:00p
The Bookmobile operates on 2 shifts:Fri. - 7:00a-11:00a** Please be aware: Due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is possible that email correspondence sent from "govermentjobs.com" could be sent to your spam folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if any updates (such as a request for an interview) might have been posted.
When completing an application on Governmentjobs.com, you should receive a confirmation notice within a few minutes of submitting your application. Again, please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, you can then select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk. This should allow for future messages to get through to your inbox.