Jefferson County Jobs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Volunteer Opportunities at Head Start
at Jefferson County Jobs
Be a part of changing a child's life! We are dedicated to making sure all young children are given the opportunity to learn as many valuable lessons as possible during the years when it's easiest for them to learn. None of this would be possible without the help of passionate and caring volunteers. We have volunteers of all ages and can work with any schedule; there is no minimum or maximum time requirement. We are happy to have you for as much time as you can give us!
- Essential Duties
We welcome volunteers in our program in many ways. Some ongoing volunteer opportunities are:
- Classroom Volunteers: Enjoy many activities with the children which include: greeting children upon arrival, assisting teachers with activities, reading to, listening to and mentoring children, helping with art projects, playing a musical instrument, assisting with meals and watching children on the playground.
- Library Volunteers: Help keep our library a warm and welcoming spot for families! Act as a librarian in our library: checking in/out books to parents, returning books to shelves, helping to find books.
- Facilities/Maintenance Volunteers: Help complete projects around our sites. Assist with landscaping and groundskeeping. Paint as needed. Our sites are big and busy, and we can always use help with projects!
- Food Prep: Assemble, serve and clean up family style lunches and help the children learn good eating habits. Help distribute food bags weekly. **Any food preparation in the kitchen requires a physical exam and TB test.**
- Health Committee: We meet 3 times a year to talk about the health of our Head Start children. Be a part of planning our health events! Learn about the health screenings we do and their results.
- Specialty Areas: Do you have a trade or a specialty in your career that can enhance our program? Whether you are a plumber willing to be on-call for a clogged drain, or a painter and can spend a weekend making one of our classrooms look nicer, we could use your help!
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with us, please complete this application. If you have questions you can reach out to Teresa via email or call 720-497-7946.
Please note that all volunteers must successfully pass a criminal background check.