JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Handling Tech III (Electro-Mechanical)- Night Shift in New Westminster at JLL
at JLL (Jones Lang LaSalle)
Take your career to the next level by joining a high-energy team of problem solvers and innovators. JLL is partnering with one of the world’s largest online fulfillment network to ensure that buildings under our oversight operate at peak performance. We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada. Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you
The Material Handling Equipment Tech III will have the ability to lead other service technicians, design solutions for difficult problems, able to manage outside contractors, be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines. Develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals with a “Safety First” mentality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install, remove, rebuild, maintain and troubleshoot all conveyor systems, electrical and mechanical.
- Develop training plans for service technicians.
- Develop and execute Preventive Maintenance programs.
- Optional: Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs, and encoders.
- Optional: PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules, and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet)• Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationships across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation.
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices.
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner.
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays).
- At least seven years experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Automated conveyors systems.
- Electrical and electronic principles.
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading.
- Optional: Knowledge of CMMS programs.
- Preventative maintenance procedures.
- Industrial electrical.
- Optional: Industrial controls.
- Industrial Electronics.
- Industrial PC literacy.
- Knowledge of N.E.C.
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Leadership experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.