The future. It's on you. You & Golden Aluminum. We are a continuous casting aluminum rolling mill who established operations in 1984 and located in Fort Lupton Colorado, 35 miles north of downtown Denver. We are the proud owner of a patented casting process that supplies coiled aluminum sheet to the packaging and automotive markets with a broad range of alloys, thicknesses, and coatings. We care about our environment, our people, and our community because we can't do it alone. We require your exceptional skills to be responsible for the vision and longevity of our complex foundry and mill equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
The Production Technician is responsible for the daily operation of heavy, moderately complex foundry equipment in a manufacturing environment. Production Technicians work on a variety of equipment which may include: presses, mills, casters, shredders, ovens, annealers, and/or slitters. They are responsible for ensuring that product is continuously flowing while visually inspecting to ensure quality standards and customer specifications are met. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Adherence to all safety protocols
· Drive forklift
· Monitor machine calibrations and adjust as required
· Set up and tear down machines safely
· Complete production jobs as required. Manage efficiencies in time sensitive manufacturing.
· Organize and set-up run order of aluminum coils.
· Maintain Quality control levels as set by Golden Aluminum.
· Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating manuals and procedures.
· Able to pass pre-employment drug test based on federal law (includes marijuana).
· Able to work any shift (2x2x3 schedule), 12 hours per shifts, alternating day/nights every 6 weeks.
· Have basic Microsoft computer skills and possess basic/fundamental math skills.
· Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
· Attention to detail in favor of identifying defects and suggest corrections.
· Physically able to lift, carry and move up to 50 lbs.
· Forklift experience is a plus but not required.
Salary range: $20- $23/hr (Dependent on Qualifications)
Benefits include competitive wages and profit-sharing plan as well as medical, dental and vision benefits. Golden Aluminum also has tuition and gym membership reimbursement!
Because Golden Aluminum thrives on the power of diversity and is committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect, and contribution, we are committed to giving every qualified applicant and employee an equal opportunity.