At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the second largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
A Yard Loader is responsible for safely and accurately loading and unloading all deliveries made and received by ADS. A Yard Loader must demonstrate safe and proper vehicle operation at all times. This position also interacts with company and non-company drivers as well as will-call customers and should display excellent customer service skills. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. Loaders report directly to the Yard Supervisor and/or Yard Manager.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Embrace a culture of safety. We expect our people to communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries immediately
- Maintain a safe working environment that includes the consistent use of Personal Protection Equipment to ensure your safety
- Safely operate a forklift and conduct preventative maintenance on forklifts and other machines in the plant
- Ensure quality by conducting final visual inspections and labeling all finished goods
- Promote good customer service skills when loading and unloading deliveries while minimizing errors
- Ensure proper product rotation and tracking of inventory levels
- Ability to learn and stay current on pipe specifications and packaging requirements
- Practice continuous improvement with regard to process and facility housekeeping
- Invest in your career with ADS. Build and maintain job skills and additional earning potential through company training programs
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Energetic and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Basic inventory management skills
- Forklift operation
- Ability to learn new skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous warehouse, industrial or manufacturing experience
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits program including:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Programs
- Profit Sharing Plan (401k)
- Paid Holidays/ Vacation Days
- Bereavement Pay
- Jury Duty
- Military Leave
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.