Elevations Credit Union
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payment Services Specialist II
at Elevations Credit Union
Payment Services Specialist II
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
- Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
- Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
- Wins awards such as "Best Bank", "Best Companies to Work for in Colorado" and even the "Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award", the only Presidential award for quality.
- Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
- 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
- Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
- Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
- We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
What you will be doing: The Payment Services Specialist II is a team member of the Operations Payment Services area responsible for providing quality, accurate and timely customer service involving daily processing of financial transactions in a fast-paced, time-sensitive operations environment. This position oversees the processing and handling of the org-wide Share Drafts files, Federal Reserve and Shared Branch deposited item returns and adjustments, Remote Deposit Capture processing, and submission of the daily check deposits to the Federal Reserve. They must follow the organizations policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations and comply with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance requests and requirements
- Under general supervision, responsible for the accurate and timely daily processing of the Share Draft files by ensuring that all items have cleared members account and all returns items are returned to the Federal Reserve prior to regulated deadline.
- Prepare and balance all settlement spreadsheets related to the daily Share Draft files posting and returning to accounts for all presented onus items.
- Under general supervision, responsible for the accurate and timely daily processing of the Federal Reserve deposited item return files by ensuring that all items have been posted by regulated deadline.
- Prepare and balance settlement spreadsheets related to the daily Federal Reserve deposit item returns and adjustment files by accurately balancing applicable spreadsheet and performing necessary adjustments to member account and general ledgers.
- Under general supervision, responsible for the processing, balancing, researching and reconciling of the Shared Branch check deposit returns and adjustments and applicable general ledgers.
- Under general supervision, responsible for the processing, balancing and reconciling of the Check Adjustments and applicable general ledgers.
- Under general supervision, responsible for the processing, balancing and reconciling the ONUS items and applicable general ledgers.
- Under general supervision, responsible for reviewing Mobile Remote Deposit Capture and My Deposit items to make the determination to post or reject the deposit on a daily basis ensuring all daily deadlines are met.
- Responsible for the daily balancing of all org-wide checks in preparation of submitting to the Federal Reserve and ensuring regulated deadlines are met.
- Under general supervision, assists with the accounting reconciliation of all applicable general ledgers to ensure unidentified transactions related to check processing activity is rectified by month end.
- Open, sort and process daily mailed-in deposits and payments in a timely, proficient and accurate manner.
- Closely monitors all negotiable instruments for potential fraud and respond and research all check fraud inquiries and investigations received from other financial institutions, members or internally from other departments.
- Capable of providing centralized support to the credit union branches and membership while adhering to the Operations Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Tests applicable Payment Services process and procedure work and collaborates with team members to suggested process efficiencies.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
What you need for this position:
Education Requirements: Equivalent to a high school education.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of similar or related financial institution experience.
- Proficient in effective and positive verbal and written communication.
- Must have an ability to deal with sensitive situations and resolve member issues with courtesy, professionalism and integrity.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Demonstrate general analytical abilities, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Processes all transactions accurately and within the prescribed time frame.
- Willing and able to learn/apply new skills and software applications; adaptable to change.
- Require basic knowledge of Check Processing and Check Adjustment rules and regulations.
- Require basic knowledge performing general ledger reconciliations.
- Maintain a basic understanding regarding departmental procedures and applicable regulations for negotiable instruments with emphasis on Reg D, Reg CC, Reg E, BSA, and OFAC.
- Maintains advanced understanding of Co-Op Shared Branch rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 11 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information.
AAP/EEO Statement: Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #cb #LI-AK1
We Value Diversity!