St. Vincent Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapist - PRN
at St. Vincent Hospital
Position Title PRN Occupational Therapist
Reports To Chief Nursing Officer & Clinical Operations Manager
St. Vincent Hospital is looking for part time on call Occupational therapist to join their busy Leadville healthcare facility.
Occupational therapists duties include:
- Observe patients doing tasks, ask them questions, and review their medical history
- Evaluate a patient's condition and needs
- Develop a treatment plan for patients, laying out the types of activities and specific goals to be accomplished
- Help people with various disabilities with different tasks, such as leading an autistic child in play activities
- Demonstrate exercises—for example, joint stretches for arthritis relief—that can help relieve pain for people with chronic conditions
- Evaluate a patient’s home or workplace and, based on the patient’s health needs, identify potential improvements, such as labeling kitchen cabinets for an older person with poor memory
- Educate a patient’s family and employer about how to accommodate and care for the patient
- Recommend special equipment, such as wheelchairs and eating aids, and instruct patients on how to use that equipment
- Assess and record patients’ activities and progress for patient evaluations, for billing, and for reporting to physicians and other healthcare providers
- Other duties as assigned.
Occupational therapists need at least a master’s degree in occupational therapy; some therapists have a doctoral degree. Occupational therapists also must be licensed or registered.
Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapists (NBCOT).
Additional certifications from American Occupational Therapy Association preferred.
Interested applicants please submit resume, letter of interest, 3 professional references and copies of certifications to email@example.com.