Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johns Manville
Position FamilyAdministrative Support
The Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners, etc. for the research and development facility. The maintenance mechanic is also responsible for performing miscellaneous general manual labor activities.
* Perform operation and preventive maintenance duties on air handling units.
* Perform operation and preventive maintenance duties as they relate to all air compressor and systems related to secondary air treatment
* Maintain and rebuild reheat and perimeter and chilled water pumps as necessary
* Perform general clean-up and disposal duties
* Perform any building and equipment repair or modification of mechanical installations
* Assist in installation or modification of equipment for facilities
* Coordinate grounds maintenance operations
* May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
* May be required to work overtime when needed
Requirements (education, skills and abilities):
* High School diploma or GED with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in industrial maintenance field
* Familiarity with building, safety and health code requirements (Basic)
* Solid knowledge and experience in mechanical, pipe fitting, millwright, locksmith, etc. (Solid)
* Good verbal and written communication skills (Solid)
* May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
* Working environment is typical of a research and development facility (may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.)
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.