Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Controls Technician/Project Manager
at Johnson Controls.
What you will do
Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC controls systems projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
How you will do it
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to customers and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issues bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
- Completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as- build and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings, and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching and mentoring on-the-job to System Technicians and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
- For LSS I: Minimum of a technical Associates Degree with two years of field experience or four years of equivalent related field experience. Must have applicable Building Automation Systems design and commissioning experience. Must have appropriate licensing, certifications and relevant hands on experience. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently. Strong personal computer skills. Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
- For LSS II: All of the above with a minimum of a technical Associates Degree with four years of field experience or six years of equivalent related field experience in the industry.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com