Katmai Information Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Clerk II / Legal Assistant
at Katmai Information Technologies
- Katmai Technical Services
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- a non-Exempt
Provides administrative support in a variety of routine processes and office support functions. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Supports the Criminal or Civil Division under the program and technical guidance of the Criminal or Civil Supervisory Legal Assistant.
- Prepares a variety of legal documents and correspondence in final format
- Assists attorneys in preparing for court. Scans discovery into an automated system.
- Maintains a court calendar, assembles trial and grand jury exhibits and notebooks.
- Maintains a variety of legal files. Ensures that legal documentation is maintained correctly within specific case files. Is responsible for closing files to be stored onsite and shipping closed files to be archived offsite.
- Assist Attorneys and paralegal with the electronic filing of legal documents (CM/ECF) with the Court (training to be provided).
- Assists with various other assignments as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience.
- General knowledge of office procedures and standard support processes.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 7 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) Adobe and other media type software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to perform diverse duties under operating and deadline constraints.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to and excess of 30 lbs.
- Moderate to extensive sitting; moderate standing, bending, twisting, lifting & reaching.
- Moderate to extended periods of office work with periods of computer usage.
- Occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring extensive reasoning abilities.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to focus; occasional walking or standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 30 pounds. Moderate to extended periods of office work with heavy periods of computer usage. May be assigned occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is primarily performed in a professional office setting, including the normal office equipment (e.g., computer, fax machines, copier) and with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as needed to complete assignment or project.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e