Katmai Information Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Litigation Support Specialist
at Katmai Information Technologies
- Katmai Technical Services
- Regular Full-Time
- FLSA Status
- a non-Exempt
Provides support to attorneys. Under the direction of an attorney, resolves routine legal issues. Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, etc. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Supports the Economic Crimes Section in Denver under the program and technical guidance of the Economic Crimes Chief.
- Works with Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSAs), investigators, federal agents and support staffs to determine the most effective strategy to meet litigation needs.
- Assists and/or trains attorneys and legal support staff in organizing voluminous case information for efficient retrieval through automated means such as scanning, indexing and controlling of documents into a data base.
- Assures documents are organized for efficient automated storage and retrieval by preparing appropriate indices, defining data file search criteria and indexing/coding fields. Monitors the progress of computer data entry effort. Prepares computerized trial presentation programs.
- Identifies software packages such as: databases, spreadsheets and word processing applications based on the effectiveness of (1) presenting complex and voluminous evidence, (2) producing graphic demonstrative evidence, and (3) meeting individual user needs.
- Logs, organizes and tracks all discovery and non- discovery materials using various software programs (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, CaseMap, Concordance, Sanction, etc.).
- Coordinates with vendors to insure that exhibits are prepared in a timely fashion. Prepares photo boards, maps, charts and other demonstrative exhibits required for litigation.
- Determines the placement and appearance of visual materials that will most effectively convey the information to the court, jury, and/or witnesses.
- Performs work that involves communicating through visual means. Assure computers and DVD/TV recording equipment is in place in courtrooms and grand jury sessions. Operates systems in the courtroom as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline or Paralegal certification. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- 2 to 4 years relevant experience required.
- Requires sound judgment, tact, discretion and initiative.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Microsoft Office Software (Word, PowerPoint etc.), Word Perfect, Adobe, Sanction, Concordance, CaseMap, etc..
- Confidential data and information management experience required.
- Strong familiarity with government regulations and directives pertaining to security, confidentiality, and document retention.
Position consists of sitting for long periods of time, using hands/fingers, handling, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing and seeing up close, at a distance, along the periphery, with depth perception and the ability to focus; occasional walking or standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and lifting boxes weighing up to 30 pounds. Moderate to extended periods of office work with heavy periods of computer usage. Occasional to moderate periods of analytical tasks requiring extensive reasoning abilities. It is Katmai Government Services, LLC’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Work is primarily performed in a professional office setting, including the normal office equipment (e.g., computer, fax machines, copier) and with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
40 hours per week. May be required to work additional hours as needed to complete assignment or project.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e