Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
Lakewood, CO (Denver metro area)
# of openings:
Kennedy Jenks is an employee-owned firm providing engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer in our Lakewood, Colorado office to work on exciting water and wastewater projects.
What you’ll be doing: In this role, you will be working with our multi-disciplinary engineering team in the planning, design and construction of all types of water resource and infrastructure projects; including groundwater wells, pump stations, lift stations, treatment facilities, and pipeline systems. You will be a key participant in the entire consulting process, including maintaining client relationships and delivering high-quality services to our clients that exceeds their expectations.
Duties include supporting Project Managers, and serving as a Design Engineer for:
- Design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Excel are required.
- Planning level feasibility studies, system master plans, and facilities plans; including technical writing and report preparation. Experience with GIS is a plus.
- Engineering services during construction of projects, including field observation and shop drawing review.
- Other specific activities include participating in our quality control program, providing project schedule and budget control, and coordinating with project team members and involved regulatory entities.
- BS in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering field
- At least three years of relevant experience in the planning and design of water and/or wastewater projects.
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD (Civil 3D) and Microsoft Office
- Active Colorado PE license or the ability to acquire within 24 months
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary technical team
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.