Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineer / Project Engineer
at Kennedy/Jenks Consultants
Lakewood, CO (Denver metro area)
# of openings:
Since 1919, Kennedy/Jenks Consultants has provided engineering and scientific solutions to municipal agencies, businesses, and industrial facilities. With offices serving clients throughout the United States, we provide consulting services nationwide.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer in our Lakewood, Colorado office to work on exciting water and wastewater projects.
What you’ll be doing: In this role, you will be working with our multi-disciplinary engineering team in the planning, design and construction of all types of water resource and infrastructure projects; including groundwater wells, pump stations, lift stations, treatment facilities, and pipeline systems. You will be a key participant in the entire consulting process, including maintaining client relationships and delivering high-quality services to our clients that exceeds their expectations.
Duties include supporting Project Managers, and serving as a Design Engineer for:
- Design of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Excel are required.
- Planning level feasibility studies, system master plans, and facilities plans; including technical writing and report preparation. Experience with GIS is a plus.
- Engineering services during construction of projects, including field observation and shop drawing review.
- Other specific activities include participating in our quality control program, providing project schedule and budget control, and coordinating with project team members and involved regulatory entities.
- BS in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering field
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in the planning and design of water and/or wastewater projects.
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD (Civil 3D) and Microsoft Office
- Active Colorado PE license or the ability to acquire within 12 months
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with a multi-disciplinary technical team
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy/Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy/Jenks Consultants provides excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, including career advancement opportunities; outstanding training opportunities; stock ownership opportunities; profit sharing; and excellent health, dental, and life insurance.
Kennedy/Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.