Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
- Salaried Full-Time
- Product Line
- Job Locations
- Holcim (US) Inc.
The Terminal Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to load and unload rail cars, boats and/or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Maintain grounds, offices, warehouse, yard, etc.
- Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material, both bulk and bagged, for rail, waterway, and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
- Understand and operate truck loading equipment.
- Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
- Sample product from trucks and barges following company policies.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
- Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of receipts, shipments and inventory records.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Terminal Operators need the ability to communicate with Terminal Managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms and suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
Licenses Preferred: Valid Driver’s License
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic knowledge about computers, Microsoft Office and SAP
- Experience with customer service and equipment operation and maintenance.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; climb stairs & ladders; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear and smell. Infrequently the employee is required to work in awkward situations; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Without mechanical or other assistance, the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Lifts over 50 pounds should be done with mechanical or other employee assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must perform work outdoors in all weather conditions, and will work around moving mechanical parts. Various PPE will include safety boots, reflective clothing, safety glasses, gloves and hat. Additional PPE may be required depending upon tasks.