Larimer County, Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Landfill Technician I- Limited Term
at Larimer County, Colorado
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Hiring Pay/Range
- $15.00 - $15.76
- Closing Date
- Open Until Filled
- Solid Waste
- Reporting Location : Location
- US-CO-Fort Collins
The mission of the Larimer County Department of Solid Waste is to supply integrated waste management in an environmentally sound manner to the citizens of Larimer County. Our primary emphasis is on quality customer service superior to that normally found in the public sector.
We are committed to providing excellence in the services we deliver to the citizens of Larimer County. We will provide these services in a professional, simple and cost effective manner, always maintaining a high standard of ethics and foresight and never compromising long range needs for short term benefits.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic person to join our group of dynamic professionals!
The Landfill Technician I provides direction to the public using the County Landfill facilities. This position also maintains the landfill as necessary.
Specifically this position:
- Directs traffic on site.
- Screens waste to keep Greenwaste free of contaminants.
- Operates pickup trucks, tractors, mowers, vacuum trailer, and vacuum litter.
- Hand picks litter.
- General maintenance of landfill shop, fences, and buildings.
- Performs other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Read labels on waste materials.
- Perform heavy labor in a variety of weather conditions.
- Learn to operate light equipment.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Work weekends.
To review the complete job description for this position, click here.
- One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class B CDL.
This position is limited term. Individuals hired into limited term positions are eligible for County benefits, however, the position is limited in duration dependent upon available funding, business need or signed contract or agreement.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.