Larimer County, Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Program GED Tutor
at Larimer County, Colorado
- Job ID
- Position Type
- Hiring Pay/Range
- Closing Date
- Open until filled
- Economic and Workforce Development
- Reporting Location : Location
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program Tutors provide part-time, one on one, customized High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma (GED, HiSET, TASC) tutoring to out-of-school youth ages 16-24 who are currently participating in an employment and education program through Larimer County Economic & Workforce Development (LCEWD). Tutors meet regularly one on one with students to assist them in preparation for an HSE diploma and work in partnership with WIOA Youth Case Managers to ensure student success and support.
- Provides one (1) on one (1), individualized instruction to out-of-school youth ages 16-24 who are pursuing an HSE diploma.
- Utilizes multiple methods of instruction to best meet the needs of each individual student including creating lesson plans, assigning homework, and facilitating practice tests as needed.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate student-tutor relationships with young adults.
- Maintains open and effective communication with LCEWD staff regarding student progress, concerns, learning difficulties, and test readiness.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Expertise/working knowledge of all HSE subjects including Mathematics, Writing, Reading, Social Studies, and Science.
- Knowledge and use of multiple learning tools to best facilitate individual learning needs.
- Knowledge of current HSE test requirements, format and subject matter.
Other Items of Note:
- Past/present teaching and/or tutoring experience is required.
- Past or present experience working with at-risk youth is preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age is required.
- The successful candidate is required to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
To review the full job description, please click here.
This posting is "Open until filled" and may close at any time. Once we begin the interview process, we may not consider additional applicants unless a candidate is not hired from the interview pool.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.