Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Human Resources
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
The Director of Human Resources is a critical position linking our people & talent strategies with business success. This highly visible HR leadership role responsible for all human resources activities for Legends partnership with Kroenke Sports & Entertainment in Denver, CO.
The HR Director partners with leaders across their respective venues and provides strategic advice on a wide variety of areas to maximize organizational performance and to cultivate Legends culture. He/she provides expert recommendations, counsel, and coaching to senior leaders, managers, and employees (union and non-union) on all HR matters including but not limited to areas of performance management, employee relations, HR policies and procedures, training & development, employee engagement, and staffing & recruitment. He/she will proactively anticipate labor/employee relations issues and provide timely and appropriate counsel to resolve them. The HR Director is also responsible for building bench strength in the organization through the identification, recruitment, and development of top talent.
This role is responsible for partnering with the Vice President of Human Resources, Regional General Manager and Regional HR Directors in driving critical organizational change, cultivating Legends unique organizational culture and implementing Legends people strategy and initiatives across his/her area of responsibility. This role will manage a team of local venue HR professionals and ensure continued growth and development for his/her direct and indirect reports.
- Partner with Vice President of Human Resources to drive Legends People Strategy and deliver sustainable HR solutions and programs that support continued organizational growth.
Serve as Business Partner
- Act as a constant conduit for communication between key leaders. Demonstrate depth of knowledge in functional HR areas: employee relations, compensation & benefits, training and development, workforce planning, strategic staffing/recruitment and apply that knowledge to lead others towards successful solutions.
- Establish and maintain positive employee relations strategies that support the business objectives, while creating an environment of trust and engagement. Ensure appropriate polices and processes are in place to meet all legal obligations (company, local, state, and federal), minimize organizational risk, and provide a safe and secure work environment for employees. Ensure proper preparation of information requested, or required, for compliance with all state and federal laws.
Talent Management- Acquire, Develop and Maximize talent
- Be visible and focused on external recruitment balancing short term and long-term talent planning, on-boarding and diversifying talent levels.
- Partner with General Managers to ensure proper onboarding of all seasonal staff.
- Identify strategic positions and ensure talent action plans are in place at all times (balancing both internal succession planning, external recruiting practices, bench strength assessment).
- Partner with Talent Acquisition Director to constantly challenge innovation around the talent pipeline (where to source the best talent, how to attract them to Legends).
- Manage performance review process. Partner with business leads to ensure employees are aware of broader organizational priorities. Reinforce a constant feedback culture. Review, guide and advise management regarding hires, promotions, transfers, and terminations.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills; effectively influence others, the ability to make decisions quickly, and a high-level of maturity. Other critical qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; HR related degree preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of (7) seven years’ progressive human resources experience, preferably with high-volume, multi-unit responsibility with heavy emphasis on employee relations, including conducting investigations and resolving complex employee issues.
- Experience leading and developing a team of HR professionals.
- Mix of generalist HR experience and specialist experience in one or more HR specialties.
- Outstanding leadership skills with a high capacity for managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously, influencing and gaining credibility with all levels of employees, management, union representatives and clients.
- Ensure human resource compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Work with the corporate legal team as needed to mitigate human resource related risks throughout the region.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to learn new programs and procedures quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, business acumen, organizational savvy, and have sensitivity dealing with confidential information.
- High energy, with a focus on details.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours due to business requirements including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Willingness to travel (25% travel)
- Experience in a union work environment strongly preferred, but not required.
- May lead or participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong PC skills (especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and experience; experience with timekeeping and HRIS preferred (UltiPro and ABI Mastermind a plus).
Reports directly to the Regional General Manager, with a dotted line to the Vice President of Human Resources. The HR Director will have strong, collaborative relationships with the broader Human Resources and Talent Acquisition team as well as venue managers. Position is based at LA Stadium in Denver, CO (Pepsi Center) with required travel within the region.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.