Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Founded in 2008 as a hospitality management company, Legends has transformed into a holistic experiential services agency with more than 1,200 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has three core divisions operating worldwide: Global Planning, Global Sales and Hospitality, offering clients and partners a 360-degree platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Pepsi Center, one of the nation’s finest sports and entertainment facilities, represents the best of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West. With more than 250 events each year, Pepsi Center hosts concerts, family shows, and is home to the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Mammoth.
The Server is responsible for fulfilling and exceeding guests’ expectations by providing friendly, attentive service to create an exceptional dining experience.
- Welcome and greet guests
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes
- Answer questions about food, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Provide information on wine characteristics, evaluate guests needs, make appropriate suggestions and serve wine using proper wine service techniques
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system
- ID all guests when serving alcoholic beverages
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guest satisfaction with food and service.
- Respond promptly and courteously to any guest request
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges
- Assist fellow servers as situations arise
- Provide guidance to guests inclusive of dining options and general information
- Assist bussers with clearing and resetting tables
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Fill in as needed to ensure that the operation run smoothly and efficiently
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Polish Silverware & Glassware
- Attend mandatory meetings
- Perform all assigned side work
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Stadium/Arena suites experience preferred; orientation and on-the-job training are provided
- Must be pleasant, courteous, and enjoy working with people
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to remain calm under stressful situations
- Must be able to smile, maintain positive body language, and consistently provide positive guest service
- Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, and decisions without immediate supervision
- Must be able to accept and carry out responsibility for directions
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing to work hours that vary, according to the event schedule
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
- Ability to work long hours and flexible shifts including: mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous experience as a server in the food and beverage industry
- Must have excellent knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
- Must maintain personal hygiene and a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to work independently or in a team during set up and execution of service
- Willingness and drive to exceed the guest expectations
- Ability to effectively listen and take direction from supervisor
- Ability to remove plates away from guests quietly
- Ability to carry a tray of beverages long distances
- Able to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 lbs.
- Practice safe work habits, follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and additional job specific safety training
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.