Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Manager - Canvas Apartments
at LENNAR HOMES
At LMC, it’s all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Understands and implements the LMC strategies related to property management by leading and supervising Associates at the apartment community to implement the policies, procedures, and practices that enable the community to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve above-market operational performance objectives. Performs various tasks associated with maintenance and leasing/marketing while demonstrating the highest level of residential service with a goal to exceed expectations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs and supervises Associates within the community, ensuring they have the tools for success.
- Assists with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating on-site Associates.
- Plans and schedules work in advance.
- Reaches decisions quickly based on available information. Takes initiative to research and complete projects.
- Initiates innovative solutions to problems.
- Provides clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site Associates.
- Develops an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of LMC.
- Conducts staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of timesheets for the team.
- Ensures that the appearance and physical aspects of the community meets LMC and residents established standards through routine site and safety inspections, and communicates concerns and requests for capital to provide for the physical upkeep of the community.
- Completes regular community inspections of common areas, amenities, models, and vacant apartment homes and completes the community inspection report.
- Responds promptly to Associate/resident/guest needs and concerns.
- Promotes client satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the community. Ensures that Associates are implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Processes and approves payment of invoices pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Completes and reviews various daily, weekly and monthly reports by making operating recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors Budget Control Log and reports variances.
- Reports and offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, and contract developments and negotiations.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions that could affect profitability of community.
- Prepares and adheres to the guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Supervises and ensures collection of all rent and other community income.
- Supports the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, and pricing.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops a rapport with other communities.
- Understands and complies with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Coordinates work activities and services from vendors, utilizing only those vendors who are approved by LMC.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Lennar Corporation, founded in 1954, is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is one of the nation’s leading builders of quality homes for all generations. Lennar builds homes in 18 different states in some of the finest markets in the nation.
Opportunity awaits at Lennar! As one of America’s leading homebuilders, we make it easy to map out your future success with a wide variety of opportunities for career growth in the most desirable real estate markets. We seek spirited, passionate and energetic Team players with an eagerness to learn, a fiery determination to succeed and a burning desire to excel. Throughout the nation, our Company is focused on making every aspect of the home buying experience a true celebration for our Customers, and on giving back to the Community by helping those who cannot help themselves. And it all starts with you.
Lennar is proud to provide our Associates a comprehensive and competitive benefits program. We also provide an environment full of spirit, enthusiasm, passion and vitality – an environment that makes our Company a very special place to work.
You can make a difference. Join the Lennar Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?
Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in property management, including sales/multi-family leasing and supervisory responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial and human resources documents.
- Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or supervision.
- Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
This is a position which requires the Community Manager to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and apartment community. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, operate an automobile, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
- Associates must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.