Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Events Sales Manager
at Live Nation
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
This position shall manage event information, coordinate event functions and supervise patron services for all special events in market this role is based out of. Coordinates scheduling and supervision of facility contract services. This position requires evening and weekend work that may exceed 40 hours per week and the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Actively solicit new and renewal business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, outside sales calls, presentations to current and potential clients, and conducting site inspections.
- Negotiate and close Special Event sales.
- Optimize all Pavilion spaces for Special Event opportunities.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly sales goals and yearly budget goals.
- Creates and manages weekly reporting schedule; adjusts reporting frequency depending on the event schedule.
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all civic and industry organizations,
- corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Remain current of national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners for maximum facility usage and exposure. Represent the facility at trade shows and community events when required.
- Consults newspapers, trade journals, websites, social media sites and other publications to learn about contemplated convention social and meeting activity
- Manage event contracts including the timely issuance of contracts, estimates, event profiles, and post events summaries.
- Communicate and advance all event information to appropriate staff and managers.
- A basic knowledge of sales and business management practices and procedures.
- Ability to compile and maintain records for payroll, personnel scheduling, and event scheduling.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions in handling incidents at all types of events.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to properly train all event employees in handling crowds and the general public for the events scheduled at the facility.
- Proven ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner with the public attending events.
- Ability to plan, service and supervise a variety of events with the assistance and cooperation of other staff members.
- Ability to anticipate equipment and other needs for individual events.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE 1. College degree (BA); or three years of sales and/or operations experience in a similar type facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2. Degree in marketing, management or business-related field preferred. 3. Experience working in a computer network environment utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and sales/event management programs. 4. Knowledge of event production and operations including coordinating events with promoters, pre-event planning, organizing physical facility and staffing. Love of music and live events; knowledge of popular music
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized two years in a row by Great Place to Work®, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. From ground-breaking software to support our world-class platform Ticketmaster, to our mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, to our unparalleled roster of artists supported by diverse professionals in all facets of corporate operations, we offer a world of opportunity and an array of careers across every discipline.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our full-time, global workforce of more than 21,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents (plus a baby bonus to help with expenses), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development and career growth. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to concerts, festivals, sports games, and other live events through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.