Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Accounting Analyst
at VIVIAL Media
The Senior Accounting Analyst performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related reports. The majority of the functions will be to assist senior level accounting professional with the month end and year end close.
- Provides value to the enterprise by providing decision makers with accurate and timely accounting information.
- Interprets reports and records for managers, making recommendations on possible courses of action.
- Possesses sufficient accounting acumen to review work and analyzes the output for appropriate accounting treatment, completeness and accuracy related to general accounting.
- Interacts with stakeholders from within and outside of the Accounting organization to respond in an accurate and timely fashion to inquiries related to the group’s activities.
- Maintains on‐going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters.
- Works with the General Ledger Accounting Manager to ensure the appropriateness and accuracy of the monthly accounting in compliance with GAAP requirements.
- Conducts the documentation of complex accounting projects.
- Ensures compliance and adherence with controls for internal policies and external regulations.
- Directs efforts in developing, implementing, and maintaining systems, procedures and policies for the group.
- Leverages system and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs and manages full cycle general ledger functions for assigned companies for month end close. Interprets complex accounting data, and ensures appropriate alignment to chart of accounts, departmental, and company coding. Responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the month end close, financial statement analysis and other tasks related to the maintenance and/or reconciliation of accounting records through testing and proper documentation.
- Collects and analyzes financial data, ensuring that all reporting is in compliance with GAAP, reporting guidelines. Responsible for supporting accounting data accuracy and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for assigned companies and for audit support. Identifies gaps and risks and makes educated recommendations on specific accounting treatments. Interprets the company’s corporate and entity structure, and reviews/prepares accounting transactions based on entity structure, any entity covenants, and any contractual requirements.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required by internal management. Research variance analysis (actual vs. budget) as part of the month end close process and provide variance explanations for fluctuations from the budget.
- Assists with gathering data for outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support the external auditing function.
- BA or BS in Accounting is required.
- Experience with accounting, account reconciliation, journal entry preparation and data/flux analysis a must.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Exposure to an ERP system (preferably Oracle) preferred.
- Experience in Public Accounting preferred.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions and resolving complex problems.
- Excellent critical thinking skills required; job requires discreet judgments and interpretation of complex and sophisticated data.
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough with the ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.