Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Division Sales Director- West
- 26-Jul-2019 to 24-Sep-2019 (MST)
- Sales- Medical
- Denver, CO, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Provides management and sales leadership for the Western Medical Sales division within the United States. Will drive the results of the Western Medical Division that includes 3-4 Regional Sales Managers and approximately half of the US Medical revenue quota. Responsible for all sales activities (strategic and tactical) to include maintaining and expanding sales within existing customer base, prospecting and building pipeline for new business opportunities to include competitive accounts and targeted non-core physicians/businesses. Develops winning selling strategies and executes on implementation plans. Provides frequent coaching and feedback to RSM's and sales team, reinforcing established training programs while demonstrating best practice behavior. Manages staffing, training and performance of sales team throughout the year emphasizing a strong culture of continuous learning. Will develop and coach Regional Sales Managers in the development of pipeline of capital systems, marketing services, contracts, disposables and other services and to close all transactions while maintaining strong Average Selling Price and margins. Responsible for P&L of the region with accountability of all aspects of driving profitability. Meets with key clients, assisting RSM's with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Directs sales forecasting for the West Medical Division and sets and drives accountability of performance goals accordingly.
- Accountable for meeting or exceeding division sales and margin objectives on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyzes data in SalesForce.com to aid in directing sales reps to highest priority activities.
- Meets with Regional Sales Managers to develop quarterly, monthly and weekly plans designed to maximize customer relationships and improve face-to-face selling time.
- Coaches Regional Sales Manager on the development of strategy for all new capital pipeline opportunities and to advance all such opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Manages performance and provides feedback in a timely manner.
- Works closely with US Marketing team to provide passion around specific market promotions. Provides important product market feedback to drive new market opportunities.
- Participates in the interview and selection of new sales reps using established tools.
- Manages escalated customer issues and brings in additional resources (service, technical support, etc.) as needed to provide resolution.
- Delivers tangible near term actions with a vision to longer-term sustainable revenues across company offerings.
- Through active listening and questions, understands and has the ability to influence the customer's decision-making process and leads the customer to positive decisions.
- Develops and coaches articulate value propositions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with sales reps that enable collaborative efforts to be utilized.
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding with the Lumenis products and of competitive products and positioning.
- Responsible for analyzing Call Pattern Tracker of the sales teams; give coaching on how to gain knowledge of target customers, competitive accounts, new growth opportunities and time and territory management.
- Analyzes and controls expenses of the region to conform to budgetary guidelines.
- Required to continuously improve skills through company and outside training, demonstrating comprehension though achievement of associated examination threshold.
Develop account objectives and action plans. Achieve a balance near term objectives with longer-term sustainable business without jeopardizing either. Errors in judgment can result in lost revenue, adverse impact to company image, and cause permanent loss of accounts. Create differing solutions based on customer needs assessments and options within product attainment offerings. Transfer sales and company knowledge in an actionable manner. Requires frequent internal contacts within Sales and other functional groups within the company. Create strong partnerships through the frequent contact with Service and Product Development teams. Frequent external contacts with customers, thought leaders, professional organizations and allied companies.
Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills. Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence required. Demonstrated proficiency in common PC applications, particularly within the full Microsoft Office Suite. Possess excellent organizational, negotiation, and analytical skills. Strong evidence of self-sufficiency creating and working a plan to drive revenue from assigned region. Proven history of analyzing situations, employing creative and effective decision making to solve problems/achieve results. Possess strong listening skills as demonstrated through the ability to ask secondary and tertiary probing questions. Must maintain technical/product representation skills and knowledge base at or above an exemplary level. Coach and lead other employees in developing sales techniques and skills. Extensive travel is required- must live within 30-45 minutes of a major airport in the Western US.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Life Sciences or related discipline. (Commensurate experience may be substituted for degree)
5-8+ years of previous sales experience with demonstrated excellent results on a consistent basis
2-5+ years in sales leadership role having led team to growth and exceeding quota expectations
Must have previous medical sales in a hospital environment (OR)
Understands Certified Medical Rep requirements
Prefer previous capital equipment sales experience
Demonstrated ability to drive results in both and individual and team environment
Ability to hire, coach, develop and mentor others
Ability to manage and close complex sales (tangible and intangible)
Ability to be successful in an unstructured environment.
Laser and light based product knowledge strongly preferred
Strong leadership and team building
Time management (productive use of time) and Planning
High regard for achievement and advancement
Coaching and developing people
Communication of Solutions
Communication of Opportunities
Ownership and responsibility
Organization and logical thought processes
Manage multiple priorities effectively
Collect and organize account information
Utilize sales support resources (technology, people, materials)
Size up situations (accurately identifies customer influencers and decision makers)
Uncover and respond to customer needs
Coordinate all aspects of customer care to drive customer success
Demonstrate questioning or probing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.