Mapleton Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher - Secondary Physical Education/Health
at Mapleton Public Schools
Job Reference #: 1901
Openings as of 2/24/2020
- Teacher - Secondary Physical Education/Health JobID: 1901
- Position Type:
Secondary Teaching/Physical Education
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
01/29/2020 AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Colorado teaching license with an endorsement in Physical Education required.
- Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required. * *Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework
- Someone who is motivated, flexible, dedicated, organized and creative
- Willing to undergo mandatory training in the International Baccalaureate Model (teaching positions may require extensive out of state, district supported training)
- Fully participate in the planning and implementation of this model through a building wide collaborative effort
- Take leadership in development of school structures and programs to support the model.
- Observe colleagues and provide feedback regarding the use of different instructional practices and facilitate the development of program “planners”. Be an active participant in constant instructional improvement and reflection
- Must possess a “we” attitude and be a “positive” contributor to the overall climate and culture of a new emerging school
- Weekly ongoing professional development with Administration and IB Coordinator
- Other duties as assigned/necessary
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 591 East 80th Avenue, Denver, CO 80229. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
SCHOOL: York International Baccalaureate School (grades K-12)
POSITION: Secondary Physical Education/Health Teacher
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 28, 2020
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at . Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment & Development at .
International Baccalaureate Design Overview---- The International Baccalaureate Organization offers a comprehensive and balanced curricula coupled with challenging assessments aimed to develop the individual talents of young people and teach them to relate the experience of the classroom to the realities of the world outside. Strong emphasis is placed on the ideals of international understanding and responsible citizenship so that IB students may become critical and compassionate thinkers, lifelong learners, and informed participants in their world.
A Program of Inquiry is the framework used to integrate the curriculum and is designed around six organizing themes, which have global significance. Children explore these themes from multiple perspectives through inquiry based instruction. The six organizing themes are:
Who we are; Where we are in place and time; How we express ourselves; How the world works; How we organize ourselves; and Sharing the Planet
Middle Years Program--Five ideas known as the areas of interaction give the curriculum model its’ distinctive core. These are common themes embedded within, and visible across the specific disciplines. The five areas are: approaches to learning which concentrates on the development of effective study skills; community service; health and social education; environment; and homo faber (Man the Maker) which is concerned with the products of the creative and inventive genius of people. The MYP includes grades 6-12.