Marriott International Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Franchised Front Desk Supervisor
at Marriott International Incorporated
Job Number 190019OA
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location AC Hotel Denver Downtown, 750 15th Street, Denver, Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://www.whitelodging.com/careers/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, White Lodging Services Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for assisting in the supervision and control of the Front Desk and completion of administrative tasks.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way
- Ensure the Front Desk team passes all brand standard audits.
- Run the “perfect shift” and ensure checklist items are completed
- Ensure Front Desk staff deliver on brand standards.
- Supervise Front Desk staff. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their schedule and taking their break
- Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of department.
- Oversee department in absence of Department Manager.
- Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department
- Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
- Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager and Human Resources as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
- Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
- Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
- Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effective respond to guest complaints.
- Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
- Represent department at staff meetings as required.
- Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location and use of fire extinguishers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and effectively explain items such as common reports, guest folios and emergency procedures.
- Effectively operate the hotel computer system upon certification and maintain a knowledge of the hotel reservation system
- Responsible and accountable for issued bank. Count bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Report all cash over/shorts to management. Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures including credit and check cashing policies and procedures.
- Verify the accuracy of the opening count.
- Maintain awareness of room availability for a week in advance.
- Know the selling policy for special events.
- Ensure the Front Desk staff abides by the special event sales strategy
- Ensure that all information pertinent to the desk or related areas is passed on to the following shift manager or personnel.
- Maintain knowledge of any and all promotions and/or current programs that would influence or affect the guest
- Meet and greet arriving guests ensuring all Front Desk Staff provide excellent guest service.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the reservation system.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained in accordance with service standards and that outages are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all credit policies are being followed and that the credit report is resolved daily. Ensure PCI compliance.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
- Practice energy conservation at all times.
- Notify manager /AYS of maintenance issues.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
- Attend work on time as scheduled and adhere to attendance policy.
- Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes and ensure the Front Desk staff does as well
- Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
- Wear uniform, including nametag at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
Follow proper key control procedures.
- Cover night audit shift as necessary.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
- Job Knowledge
- Quality of Work
- Quantity of Work
- Organization Skills
- Guest Focus/Customer Service
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
- Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.