Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Engineer
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Schedule
- Regular Full-Time
Job Description Summary
The candidate will serve as a Principal Service Integration Engineer and Technical lead within Program Modernization Solutions division of MAXIMUS. The candidate is responsible for design, develop, and support all phases and activities involved in the projects for providing the enterprise integration services and operations. This is the technical lead role for designing, developing and implementing the foundational interface services that support integration-as-a-Service platform. The candidate will be tasked with critical components of application development, including interfacing with clients for requirements analysis, application design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation. Must possess the ability to adhere to release management practices and procedures, evaluate and adapt to new technologies as needed, provide team leadership and guidance while leading the development effort.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Education Preferred: Masters Degree
Technical Skills / Knowledge Required:
•A minimum of ten (10) years Software Development in a Product based organization.
•Strong team or technical lead experience is necessary.
•Experience with Amazon Web Services
•Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
•Experience with Database Design and Implementation preferred.
•Experience working with various vendor platforms and managing interfaces between systems in a complex clinical ecosystem
•Experience in application monitoring, performance tuning, code reviews and creating Proof-of-Concepts
•Understanding of n-tier Application Architecture (e.g. MVC, SOA) and Design Patterns.
•.NET certification preferred.
•PMP Certification is preferred.
•Experience working with State government clients in the Medicaid systems domain preferred.
•Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) - Web Services and Windows Services
•SQL Server 2012
•T-SQL Programming (e.g. stored procedures, views, functions, triggers)
•HTML/XHTML , XML/XSLT, AJAX, SOAP, BootStrap
•SQL Reporting Services
Personal/Soft Skills: Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, strong analysis, problem identification, and problem resolution capability, ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented work environment, ability to successfully manage many complex tasks simultaneously, ability to lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team and ability to mentor new project staff.
•Responsible for providing system analysis activities for technology architecture, interface standards, and integrations solutions.
•Develop custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services.
•Deliver high-quality interface solutions.
•Excellent in SOA software solutions and operations.
•Design and implement enterprise SOA integration platform that support interoperability for interfacing among internal systems and interfacing with external system.
•Primary point of contact for assigned technical deliverables.
•Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
•Expect to spend 40% of the time in coding and 60% in oversight and management.
•Review functional specifications, create detailed technical design and technical specifications, and oversee code development and unit and performance testing activities.
•Meet or exceed all operational readiness requirements (e.g., operations engineering, performance).
•Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines.
•Provides technical guidance and coordinates tasks for a wide variety of technical resources
•Ensures that product configurations and enhancements are made correctly and deployed per our release management plan
•Responsible for the development and finalization of all technical system documentation
•Support MAXIMUS business development activities by providing technical solutions and system architecture documentation for proposal development
•Deploy new software releases to higher environments, including Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate/lead development of software solutions that will meet all business requirements.
- Design and implement modules to system specifications, conduct unit testing, troubleshoot issues, and produce detailed proposals to resolve issues.
- Actively participate and contribute to the architecture and solution design.
- Consult on requirements elicitation and definition.
- Code software solutions per designs.
- Code reviews, unit test, and integrate coded modules.
- Work closely with other engineers and provide constructive feedback.
- Work on deliverables with inputs and guidance from Development Manager and/or Project Manager.
- Support testing and remedy defects.
- Support users through troubleshooting an analysis of production logs and data.
- Investigate new solutions, tools, products, and techniques to incorporate into coding standards.
- Work with the supervisor to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel as a team lead.