Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Operations in Training West Coast Region
at Medline Industries
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: MAN0100DW
Categories: Human Resources - Training & Development, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Education - Training
Assist with (and learn) the management of the Distribution Center operations (typically assigned to small to medium sized facilities).
- Ensure order fulfillment and production are completed. Assist in the planning leading and measuring of all daily processes.
- Assist the Director in the planning, leading and managing of all human resource processes at the local facility. This includes staffing, performance management, compensation administration and training and development.
- Coordinate and oversee the efficient utilization and proper return. Assist in the management of all capital assigned to the distribution center.
- Ensure material is received and moved correctly. Oversee and monitor all aspects of inventory management.
- Assist in contract negotiations for new business. Provide timely responses to service failures and customer concerns.
- Ensure safe practices are in place and followed. Monitor activities of the work team. Ensure housekeeping guidelines are followed.
- Oversee the maintenance of warehouse equipment and private truck fleet.
- Bachelor's degree.
- At least 8 years experience in a distribution center environment.
- At least 2 years management experience, with experience in sourcing and selecting supervisors, support personnel and warehouse associates.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Able to work a full early and late shift plus weekends a minimum of once a month.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds with the ability to stand or walk for prolong periods of time.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments (32F – 95F).