Medtronic Minimed Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FPGA DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
at Medtronic Minimed Inc.
Job Reference #: 190001AP
FPGA DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Careers that Change Lives
Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step. You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products within the Surgical Innovations business. You can apply advanced technical concepts to complex problems from concept generation through early phase development.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The FPGA Development Engineer will be a member of the Medtronic R&D team working on development and support of electrosurgery generator products. FPGA Engineers can apply their education and talents in FPGA development for embedded systems, including the understanding of how software interacts with hardware. The position is a hands-on development role with a dynamic set of responsibilities in design and verification of embedded systems including RTL coding, simulation, and laboratory testing.
- Must be a team player. Must have qualities including being positive, high standards, resilient, open, and creative.
- Takes pride in quality, extensible, and maintainable work products. Demonstrates excellent coding practices.
- Commitment to achieving and exceeding project goals and timelines.
- Thrives in working with other disciplines to develop system-minded implementations that consider safety, performance, hardware/software interface and other aspects of a final product.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, and two years of relevant experience
- Or Master's degree in electrical engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in Verilog RTL and behavioral modeling required.
- Knowledge of System Verilog and familiarity with UVM is strongly desired.
- Development on Xilinx FPGAs using Vivado and simulation using Questa/Modelsim a plus.
- Experience with hardware/software interfacing and design issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)