Medtronic Minimed Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr IT IoT Bus Systems Analyst
at Medtronic Minimed Inc.
As a member of the Information Technology team at Medtronic, you will use your in-depth knowledge and experience to develop and implement new innovative product solutions leveraging Medtronic's IOT, cloud services, mobile, and analytics technologies. As a strong self-starter and leader with minimal oversight, you will be responsible for engaging with product development core teams and the broader IT organization to ensure successful delivery and launch of smart connected products. In this IT role, you will work closely with Research & Development and adjacent functions to develop value propositions, business analysis, and creation or adoption of IOT strategies across Medtronic's Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG). You will be accountable for all project life cycle phases leveraging Agile methodologies to develop, deliver, and maintain solutions on-time and on-budget. In this fast paced and exciting technology space, you will be given the opportunity to maintain insight to current industry technologies, best practices, and how they can be applied or adopted at Medtronic.
- Foster and grow relationships and partnerships between IT and its customers resulting in beneficial outcomes for customers and IT
- Maintain effective and consistent communication to IT customers and stakeholders while supporting IT's brand, strategic intent, and operational imperatives
- Plan, develop, and implement advanced concepts, techniques, and standards that support the strategic objectives of the R&D Organization
- Expand awareness of IT services, priorities and technology acumen across Medtronic
- Build strong stakeholder relationships with business and IS stakeholders to assist business groups define their requirements and understand the technology impacts in all areas of their business.
- Ensure IT area has a strong brand that is valued by its customers and stakeholders
- Market and communicate program vision to project teams, key business stakeholders, and executive leadership
- Work independently with end-users and business partners to assess the business customer requirements, matching these requirements to objectives, and guiding them to the applicable processes and products including developing specifications and enhancements that will achieve the customers and business goals
- Manage the expectations of the customer (i.e. balance their needs with wants and educate as appropriate)
- Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity, which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions
- Ensure continued business sponsorship, engagement, and commitment
- Oversee the translation of functional business requirements to technical solutions and articulate these solutions to high-level audiences
- Provide detailed functional knowledge and maintain insight to current industry best practices and how they can be applied to Medtronic
- Ensure that Medtronic's systems and the information on them are secure and protected in accordance with Medtronic's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- 7 years of IT experience with a Bachelors Degree
- 5 years of IT experience with a Masters Degree
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience with analytics platforms and best practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to partner with the business
- Strong interpersonal, oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong ability to translate technical concepts to various business partners and internal customers
- Experience in facilitating small to large groups through challenging discussions
- Experience in the applications development and support of integrated business and systems architecture
- Experience in business process definition, requirements definition, and technology solution research
- Goal oriented, task driven decision-making with a strong sense of accountabilityHands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc. UI/UX experience is a plus.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Experience leveraging Agile Project Management Techniques and Methodologies
- Familiarity with cloud services and the components which encompass an IoT enabled solution
- Knowledge and experience in the medical device industry is ideal but not mandatory
- Exposure to Solution Architecture development is a plus
- Internet of Things (IoT) solutions supporting Healthcare and Medical Devices is a plus
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
- Must be able to travel independently to various Medtronic buildings/sites
- Already possesses or has the ability to obtain a passport.