The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant II
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide residential scheduling, administrative and medical record support to clinic teams at residential sites. Assist Director and Program Managers in reporting and all aspects of job as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create a positive experience for consumers and guests through professional conduct and customer service at the front desk. Ensure front desk and lobby are aesthetically pleasing, safe, and friendly for all guests.
- Receive and screen clinic telephone communications ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate destination in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Outlook calendar, tasks, and meetings and fulfill email requests as appropriate.
- Accurately schedule consumer appointments with psychiatrists, nurses and other clinical staff. Input and extract data from the appointment scheduling system.
- Check-in consumers at each visit. Verify demographic and insurance information and collect co-pays. Understand insurance and accounts receivable information to maintain minimal consumer balances.
- Maintain each consumer’s HIPAA rights, and other protections of confidentiality and privacy.
- Read, understand, and excel in procedures for maintaining consistent standards of the paper and electronic medical record (EMR), which is outlined in the HISM manual and in the monthly eCET updates.
- Ensure prompt, accurate, and efficient handling of documents for filing and scanning: items such as consumer identification, medical record number, team number, and general status of treatment. Make sure consumer records are accurate and complete.
- Complete requests for information from both clinical and administrative staff.
- Follow organizational and departmental rules and guidelines.
- Organize, compose, and produce letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents, ensuring grammar, spelling, and punctuation are correct. Compose some routine correspondence. Generate and submit necessary reports.
- Arrange transportation authorizations and the transportation for dependent clients.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Copy/scan/fax information as required.
- Complete requisitions for needed office supplies and equipment. Coordinate basic office maintenance and janitorial needs.
- In Front Office Managers absence, provide for coordination of clinic needs and program. Perform a variety of administrative duties in order to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
- Perform other duties as assigned, based on individual site needs.