The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Gilliam Youth Services Center Mental Health Specialist
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: The Mental Health Specialist provides mental health support to youth detained at Gilliam Youth Services Center (GYSC). The Mental Health Specialist offers crisis intervention, brief mental health screening/assessment/intervention, consultation, as well as coordination of access to MHCD services in the community upon release. This position also provides support to youth already open to the MHCD system who may be detained at GYSC.
LPC/LMFT - $24.08 - $28.88/hour
LCSW - $25.48 - $30.55/hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide crisis intervention and brief therapy to youth and families as appropriate. Referrals may originate from youth, family, staff, other providers, etc.
- Provide mental health consultation and supportive services at GYSC
- Offer evaluation/monitoring for youth on Suicide Precautions Monitoring (SPM)
- Support the case management needs of youth at GYSC
- Coordinate youth’s access to other MHCD programs and outside community resources
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD and GYSC standards
- Coordinate emergency psychiatric hospitalization for detained youth when then need arises
- Participate in team meetings, in-services, and supervisory sessions as required
- Must function effectively in a highly autonomous role requiring accurate clinical judgments of mental health issues
- Maintain collaborative relationship and effective communication among MHCD and GYSC as well as other community entities
- Other duties as assigned