The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Peer Specialists strive to help people reach their own goals and live healthy lives by supporting them in identifying strengths and abilities followed by assisting them in articulating, developing, and creating personal goals for recovery through one-to-one and group sessions. Peer Specialists support the therapeutic milieu and assist consumers in accessing therapeutic and ancillary services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Orient persons to program and available services.
• Report clinical concerns and high-risk persons and safety issues as they occur to other program staff and supervisor at staff report times. Follow clinical direction.
• Meet with persons to discuss disposition plans, personal safety plans and create an informal opportunity for persons to address the fears and concerns related to trauma and crisis.
• Work with program staff to develop and maintain resource directory available to persons.
• Assist in developing and facilitating Skills Groups.
• Assist persons in obtaining services that suit the individual’s recovery needs including community and natural supports in addition to organizational supports.
• Assist in arranging and providing transportation for appointments and services.
• Promote collaboration and sharing of resources for persons in the community: food, clothing, transportation, recreation, medical, insurances, housing, shelters and employment, as appropriate.
• Use ongoing individual and group sessions that build on identified strengths and teach people problem-solving techniques, how to identify and overcome fears and combat negative self-talk/self-stigma.
• Assist program staff in maintaining accurate documentation
• Attend program team meetings and supervision as scheduled.
• Attend training as identified.
• Perform other duties as assigned.