The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Counselor II - Fri, Sat, Sun 8p-8a AON - Lincoln
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
Friday, Saturday, Sunday 8pm - 8am awake overnight - Lincoln House
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate and work with consumers on a variety of activities of daily living (ADLs) needed for consumers to become more self-sufficient and move toward recovery. Additionally, you will facilitate group therapy, manage intakes/discharges, monitor medications, create a safe environment for the consumers, help coordinate treatment, and advocate for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. Responsible for direct service care to consumers as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
SALARY RANGE: $17.58/hr. - $21.08/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide individual psychotherapy with consumers to provide support and insight.
• Facilitate group therapy sessions within the house.
• Coordinate clinical care with case management services and other services both inside and outside of MHCD.
• Assess consumers throughout the workday, and provide appropriate interventions.
• Encourage, support, and train consumers in activities of daily living (ADLs) - teaching consumers about hygiene, help make appointments, show how to do household duties/chores, such as cooking, cleaning, etc.
• As part of a multi-disciplinary system, help facilitate the treatment and continuity of clinical care.
• Complete intake and discharge tasks for consumers being place in the house as new residents or moving out of the house.
• Maintain household safety in regard to a variety of household chores and activities, such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
• Document all significant consumer interactions toward recovery and continuity of care.
• Complete necessary clinical documentation, such as the daily log, consumer record, and medication records.
• Respond to consumer and building emergencies, and facilitate appropriate interventions. In emergency situations, contact other residential staff, your supervisor, or other clinicians when needed.
• Advocate for acceptance and integration of individuals with mental illness within the neighborhood and community in which they live.
• Required to attend scheduled team meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.