Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
at Micro Center
MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000 selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are currently accepting applications for self-motivated, knowledgeable and hardworking Retail Sales Associates to assist customers with a variety of computer and electronics purchases in our high-volume big box retail store. Micro Center features dedicated product departments to meet our customers' technology needs. Your knowledge and skill level will be matched to the department where you can best serve our customers!
- Greet customers and present credible product solutions based on customers' needs; build lifelong relationships with repeat customers through consultative solution selling and customer satisfaction
- Maintain product knowledge and participate in continued sales, vendor and product training
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area, conducting cycle counts and stocking and replenishing product
- Perform merchandising activities such as processing freight, creating displays and end caps, completing markdowns and price changes and maintaining visual merchandising standards within your Area of Responsibility (AOR)
- Participate in open and close procedures
- Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness and helping to prepare for physical inventory
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Passion for computers and technology preferable, but at minimum baseline knowledge of the products and services sold throughout the store
- Ability to communicate professionally, handle multiple customers and relate to people with varying levels of technical expertise
- Ability to consistently execute the solution sales process
- Sincere interest in helping customers and driving world-class customer experiences
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous commissioned sales experience is preferred
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Whether you’re employed full-time or part-time, Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Non-smoking work environment. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.