Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Managed Markets/Payor Relations
at Millennium Health
Director, Managed Markets
WHO WE ARE - Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers accurate, timely, clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. Millennium Health offers a comprehensive suite of services including Millennium PGT and Millennium UDT, which can be used to better tailor patient care. More information can be found at www.millenniumhealth.com.
The Director, Managed Markets is responsible for developing and executing company strategy regarding contracts with managed care organizations, government payers, workers’ compensation carriers and other entities that reimburse the company for services provided. The position includes analysis and assessment of existing and prospective payer relationships to provide evidence-based decision-making and optimal revenue growth reports.
- Lead development of strategy, strategic plan and prioritization for managed care contracting in collaboration with VP of Managed markets and sales leadership
- Manage the contract development process from contract proposals to insurers through final approval including deal structure, analysis, forecasting and reporting of contract profitability
- Negotiate on behalf of Millennium to have Millennium lab services reimbursed at in-network rates
- Ability to personally gain access to key payor decision makers
- Collaborate closely with MH executive team, contracting Consultants, finance team, billing department, analytics executives, legal counsel and key customers
- Oversee and manage existing insurer contracts to ensure continuity, successful renewal and renegotiate fee schedules where appropriate to achieve revenue maximization
- Collaborate with Analytics Executive to develop financial analytics, financial impact scenarios and profitability metrics as a key element in the contract proposal process
- Develop business case for all contract proposals and share with managed markets VP and executive team
- Monitor contract performance process to quantify the profitability of Managed Care and Workers, Comp programs and help develop tactics for remediation of under-performing contracts
- Work with contracted insurers, sales leadership, and marketing to develop and implement successful redirection (pull through) programs
- Work with Sales Managers and Sales reps to pull through redirection efforts to meet and exceed insurers’ and corporate redirection goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required
- Blend of strategic and tactical skills
- Compelling presentation skills
- Strong computer software skills including in depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout the US and to corporate headquarters in San Diego
- Five years progressive leadership experience in managed markets contracting with a health services, device, or pharmaceutical company
- Significant personal experience of successfully selling directly to payor organizations and securing new contracts
- Documented experience in managing the negotiation process for contracts with major health insurance companies
Millennium Health offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package.
Millennium Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify participant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status