Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Product Management/Product Marketing
at MKS Instruments
MKS Instruments, headquartered In Andover, MA, is an industry leader in pressure control, valves, and vacuum process technology. We have an immediate opening in Boulder, CO for a Director of Product Management for our Valve and Integrated Process Solutions Business Unit.
This is a highly visible and critical leadership role within the company and owns the vision, strategy and roadmap for V&IPS products, and is responsible for driving the demand, usage, and overall success of new products in Semiconductor and Advanced Markets.
The Director of Product Management requires excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and other support teams to ensure customer value and satisfaction. Success will be measured on new product design wins at key accounts, and business performance including increased revenue and market share.
Our teams are comprised of collaborative problem-solvers, vested in the success of our customers and dedicated equally to science, engineering, technology and service.
As a team, we try hard to foster an MKS culture based on:
- Open communication - we encourage you to speak your mind
- Fearless innovation - honest mistakes are how we learn to be successful
- Pervasive collaboration - with each other and with our customers
- Deep dedication - we work hard to ensure the success of our customers and MKS.
If that sounds like your kind of workplace, then come join a leader. We would love to have you as part of our MKS team. This position is currently located in Boulder, CO but Andover, MA remains a possibility.
- Leading and developing a high-performance team of product managers and applications engineers
- Identifying unmet needs, market trends, and problems in the market and through customer input
- Gathering, analyzing and prioritizing new customer requirements and high-return market segments
- Ownership of product strategy, product road maps, market requirements documents, and lifecycle management
- Working with other cross-functional teams within MKS to drive successful new product launches and sales interactions
- Understanding competitive strengths, weaknesses, and win-loss analysis
- Communicating product strategy internally and externally
- Developing technical marketing presentations, data sheets, white papers and training materials
- Defining clear go-to-market plans with messaging and positioning that differentiates MKS from the competition
- Maintaining and delivering monthly/quarterly business reviews and updates to track performance metrics
- Technical program management and direction to engineering team in the design of new products, from concept through production
- Ensuring projects deliver to MRD requirements and meet set criteria for performance, reliability and cost
BS degree in an engineering discipline, MBA strongly preferred
Demonstrated background in Product Management in a high-tech environment, including market analysis and driving the entire product lifecycle. At least 10 years of experience is required, with a preference in a high-tech industry
Proven success leading and developing high performance teams
Proven background successfully defining feature set requirements, customer value propositions, messaging, and pricing
Understanding of vacuum systems and products in the semiconductor and other industrial coating processes
Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written) both within MKS and with customers. Must be able to make in-depth presentations
Travel approximately 25%, domestic and international