Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr. - Mid. Level Systems Engineer
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Jr. - Mid. Level Systems Engineer to join our team. You will provide provide technical expertise and support in the area of Systems Engineering.
At MTSI, our more than 1000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 25 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
As a Jr. - Mid. Level Systems Engineer with MTSI you will provide technical expertise and support in the area of Systems Engineering. This positions will be located in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- You will identify Systems Engineering-related issues and risks; perform root cause analysis; and recommend issue recovery plans or risk mitigation plans to leadership.
- You will conduct constructive technical assessments (e.g., Program Support Assessments, Preliminary/Critical Design Review assessments, Non-Advocate Reviews) to shape programs’ technical planning and improve program execution. Preparing actionable recommendations to mitigate technical and cyber risks and issues.
- You will help establish preliminary design and performance characteristics from development through production and service use
- At least 2 years’ experience in USAF/DoD acquisitions and/or SPO operations,
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes and application to systems integration and sustainment
- Experience with requirements definition and verification methodologies within DoD acquisition framework
- Experience with Systems Engineering across full DoD acquisition lifecycle.
- Ability and motivation to work in a team environment with demonstrated leadership and customer interface skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Professional certifications (INCOSE, CISSP, IEEE).
Familiar with AFMAN 63-119 and AFI 99-103.
Experience with government test and evaluation.
Experience with PEO Certification process.
5+ years’ experience in systems engineering.
5+ years' of relevant work experience in the folllowing areas:
DoD and commercial SATCOM and network engineering.
Military space systems and protected MILSATCOM systems.
Ground systems, such as terminals and networks.
- Experience operating or maintaining various radio sets, GMT, GBS receive suites, cryptographic equipment, or related infrastructure and/or support equipment.
- Test & evaluation and operational testing experince. (Desired)
Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field, Masters Degree (Desired).
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.