Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Software Engineering
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will creating prototypes for SATCOM and signal processing technologies.
At MTSI, our more than 950 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities are Systems Engineering and Integration, Modeling and Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Acquisition and Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, and cyber/space/homeland defense.
As a recognized "employee comes first" company with over 25 years of consecutive growth we challenge our co-owners to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Day one all new co-workers start with 20 days PTO, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
MTSI is seeking a Software Engineer to create prototypes for SATCOM and signal processing technologies. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Prototype programmer
- Write software solutions for various SATCOM systems
- Interact with technical team members from multiple organizations in a team environment.
- Provide engineering level documentation to enable testing and reporting.
- 5 years’ experience in JAVA, C/C++, scripting.
- 5 years’ experience in web based software systems.
- 5 years’ experience in the Linux environment.
- Strong programming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand enterprise level systems.
- High degree of competence in C/C++, Java, Python, Bash
- Worked with REST-ful interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks, drive projects to closure, assimilate and correlate project information in a fast-paced environment and incorporate them into coherent test strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to shift from one project to another in an agile work environment.
- Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interaction and presentations.
- Ability to capture technical approaches, designs, block diagrams, algorithms, and implementations in written and graphical form.
- Familiarity with RF signals and signal processing
- Strong motivation to expand knowledge and skills.
- Ability to approach classical problems with new ideas and innovation.
- Understanding of basic wireless communication and software defined radio
- Experience with one or more scripting languages
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering with 10 years’ of programming experience. (DESIRED)
TS/SCI clearance. (Only candidates who can be cleared to TS/SCI will be considered.)
Travel up to 10 percent of the time is required with durations ranging from overnight to several weeks.
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.