Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Test Engineer (Junior) for Digital Execution
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking a Test Engineer (Junior) for Digital Execution
in Colorado Springs. At MTSI, our more than 900 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company were culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cyber security, space and homeland defense.
Join MTSI this year in celebrating our 25th consecutive year in business and consecutive growth. Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. All new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Junior-level Digital Execution Engineer to become a key member of the MDA/ESO Digital Modeling and Simulation team. The qualified candidate will support the Planning, Execution, and Analysis Phases of Digital Events for the Missile Defense Agency’s digital modeling/simulation program. The candidate will be responsible for developing digital event testing procedures and overseeing digital execution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Represent the digital venue at digital event planning meetings
• Provide assistance to digital test case developers
• Gather data to support development of total run time estimates based on number and complexity of test cases
• Coordinate with MWS Team and Stakeholders to prioritize Digital Execution runs and secure computational resources necessary to execute runs
• Support the development of individual executions plans and checklists
• Perform quality control for all input parameters and start conditions for each digital execution series
• Work with the Modeling and Simulation Web Services (MWS) Team to optimize digital execution resources
• Initiate Digital Execution runs in accordance with documented plans and procedures
• Monitor digital runs health and status to ensure proper execution
• Assist with troubleshooting of any anomalous executions runs and provide recommendations
• Support the generation and presentation of digital execution readiness briefs, issue reports, and execution run results
• Assist with the coordination and development of procedures for the Digital Execution Concept of Operations document
• Support technical consultation to other organizations and program leadership
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. (Additional direct experience may be considered in lieu of Master of Science degree.)
• Five (5) or more years applicable related experience
• Proficient in hardware/software integration
• Proficient in shell scripting languages: Bash, AWK, sed, Perl, Python
• Proficient in conducting trouble shooting, and Software debugging
• Experienced with Linux operating system
• Experienced in Windows Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
• Experienced in BMDS Domain/concepts and strategies
• Familiarization with VMware
• Knowledge using SQL and/or other query tools to gather and interrogate data from large data repositories
• Candidate will work as part of a multi-contractor/government team and must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision. Position requires the candidate possess DoD Secret clearance or higher in order to access classified information. Inability to maintain clearance will result in candidate being ineligible for this position.
• Security + or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
• Experience with development of test automation and development of automated test scripts
• Experience working in an Agile or hybrid Agile process environment
• Experience supporting test activities
• Experience performing digital test executions against large sets of established goals and providing related reports at levels of detail appropriate for the intended audience
• Capacity to quickly grasp complex technical information
• Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing tests involving teams of engineers, analysts, and operators
• Able to work comfortably and effectively with team members within the same organization, including other DoD contractors and government leads, as well as teams and individuals from outside organizations
• Familiarity with BMDS components, kill chain terminology, and tactical message formats
This position is located at Schriever AFB, CO. Some travel may be required.