Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Engineer I- 2nd Shift (Entry Level - $18) - JOB FAIR ON 8.6.2020
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
Job Fair Details:
Date: August 6, 2020 (Thursday)
Time: 9am – 3pm
Location: Sheraton Denver West Hotel (360 Union Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80228)
Schedule an Interview: Text MONARCH to 97211 to schedule an interview and not wait in line!
To be considered for an on the spot offer:
* You must apply online at monarchblackhawk.com/careers
* Masks are required
* Temperature check and health screenings before entry
Monarch Casino Resort Spa in Black Hawk, Colorado is opening a brand new expansion that will have over 500 luxurious rooms, 4 delectable restaurants, and a full service spa/salon!
Our restaurants will feature a Chophouse, 24/7 Café, Specialty Restaurant, and Buffet. Our spa will feature state of the art spa services on top of the 23rd story of our resort along with a roof top pool, sauna’s, hot tubs and more!
Now hiring bold, motivated, team-focused individuals!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members (TMs) Will Enjoy:
- Hiring Bonus
- Team Member Referral Program
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Subsidized Transportation Options
- Free Parking
- Team Member Anniversary Program and Recognition
Full Time Team Members (30+ hours) also enjoy:
- 1 week of PTO at 6 months and a 2nd week at 1 year
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package after 90 days (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability)
- 401k with company match
- Career Development and Advancement Programs
- In-State and Out-of-State Relocation Assistance Programs
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4-$6 per day!
Must have entry level experience in most aspects of: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, building maintenance, flooring, cabinetry, carpentry, locksmith, and automotive repair
- Perform interior and exterior maintenance requests and repairs in accordance with Chief Engineer’s and Management’s assignments to ensure safety and comfort for all guests and Team Members.
- Inspects guest rooms and public areas for potential hazards, repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Handle routine and preventative maintenance in guest rooms and public areas to ensure all electrical equipment and appliances are in proper working condition i.e. lighting, TV’s, Refrigerators, heating/cooling, etc.
- Proficient in the use of tools of the trade, including hand, power and machine equipment as applicable.
- Responsible for building maintenance including snow removal, plowing, landscaping, painting, grounds up-keep, public space, carpet cleaning, and providing general maintenance.
- Respond to minor plumbing repairs including unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaking faucets
- Record daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Perform room maintenance requests, and respond to work orders from guests and Team Members in a prompt, and efficient manner
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor, and provide exceptional service to our guests in accordance with our hotel’s brand standards
- Understand hotel systems and equipment
- Ensures facilities area is kept safe, clean, and organized
- Ability to drive shuttle, and operate shuttle as needed.
- Performs duties that promote safe and security environment in accordance with company policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- .Perform other job duties as requested.
- Must be able to work from a ladder, this position requires a great deal of work from heights
- Must be flexible to work in all areas of the casino; and have the ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Work in restricted spaces; crawl spaces, sump areas, attics, etc.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping for the duration of their shift.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and able to obtain and maintain a Colorado Support Gaming License
- Must have entry level experience in most aspects of: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, building maintenance, flooring, cabinetry, carpentry, locksmith, and automotive repair
- Must be able to obtain and maintain OSHA safety certifications
- Prior hotel or multi-unit experience preferred
- Ability to operate power and hand tools required
- Ability to work from schematics, blue prints, sketches, or verbal directions
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.