Teach in Southwest Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cortez Paraprofessional - Beech St. Preschool
at Teach in Southwest Colorado
MONTEZUMA-CORTEZ SCHOOL DISTRICT RE-1
BEECH STREET PARAPROFESSIONAL
2019-2020 school year
Subject & Grade:
Beech St. Preschool
970-565-7282 ext. 1133
Commensurate to experience
Montezuma-Cortez Mission and Values
EVERY STUDENT. EVERY DAY
Together we are…
Growing our team of effective and committed educators
Creating a culture of high expectations
Respecting our diversity
Inspiring community trust and support
Building pathways to successful futures
We are looking for passionate teachers who are interested in joining a dynamic team of educators dedicated to closing the achievement gap in a high-need, diverse community of learners. We are privileged to serve students from the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe and the Navajo Tribe, which contributes greatly to the cultural richness of our community and schools.
REPORTS TO: Preschool Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing assistance to teachers in working with students, clerical tasks and other functions. Develops and promotes good community relations among various community and school clientele.
- Collaborates with teachers to provide instructional and enrichment assistance to individual students, and large and small groups
- Designs suitable materials for classroom use, bulletin boards and educational displays.
- Supervises students in various school settings and situations, including classrooms, lunchroom, playground, us lines, field trips, etc.
- Provides clerical support, including paper grading, student folders, typing and filing office support activities, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of students’ records, such as grade records, report cards, diagnostic and achievement test scores, and others.
- Provides general assistance to students in non-instructional situations.
- May administer minor first aid in the absence of other personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum Experience
- Less than one year
- Skill Requirements
- Word processing
- General office equipment
- Effective communication
- Some knowledge of child development
- Some knowledge of classroom management
- General Expectations
- Is flexible
- Has the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Maintains a generally positive attitude
- Observes all district policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION: None required
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Mostly clean and comfortable, some noise, some outside duties
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional lifting 5 to 20 pounds
- Frequent bending, standing, reaching, sitting, and walking
- Occasional squatting, kneeling and stooping
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is not intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or expectancy of continued employment for any definite term.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)