Teach in Southwest Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pagosa Family School Paraprofessional
at Teach in Southwest Colorado
Archuleta School District 50 Joint
Pagosa Family School Instructional Aide
- Possess an Associate’s (or higher) degree; or have completed at least two years (48 credit hours) of study at an institution of higher education or have passed the Highly Qualified Assessments (Work-keys course).
- Able to work efficiently with students with little supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
The work requires periods of light to moderate physical activity and requires long periods of time standing, sitting and/or walking. Typically the position requires the employee to work in a classroom environment or on the playground; lift and carry up to 50 pounds; reach, hold, grasp, and turn objects; and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards.
Pagosa Family School Teacher
Pagosa Family School Coordinator
To assist the teacher achieve teaching objectives by working with individual students or small groups to help them achieve the skill levels of the class as a whole. To provide a well-organized, smoothly functioning class environment in which students can take full advantage of the instructional program and available resource materials.
- Assist in prep work, clean-up, and classroom management
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills initially introduced by teacher.
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Helps students master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher.
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Assists with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story-telling.
- Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with students.
- Checks and records student attendance.
- Helps students with their clothing.
- Assists with snack, and cleanup routines.
- Assists with wash-up and toilet routines.
- Alerts the regular teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Serves as the chief source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: See published salary schedules. Up to step 7 given for verified employment
Work Schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays as designated by the annual school calendar.
Benefits: No benefits for part-time position
Hours: 2:00 pm – 5:10 pm
FLSA STATUS: non-exempt/classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Employees.
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that all of the duties are not described above and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my supervisor(s) or appropriate administrator. Archuleta School District 50 Joint reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:00 AM -
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)