Teach in Southwest Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pagosa Springs Bus Driver
at Teach in Southwest Colorado
Archuleta School District 50 Joint
- CDL with School Bus endorsements - training is available
- minimum of 21 years of age, have a satisfactory driving record as determined by the Board of Education and acceptable to our insurance carrier (Driving records for the past 5 years must be provided prior to employment)
- Must be able physically capable of performing various job duties, such as chaining up.
- Must pass the prescribed DOT physical (current DOT physical upon employment)
- Strong communication skills, ability to handle confidential matters, excellent tact and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and cautious driving in inclement weather conditions
- Enjoys children and possess a positive attitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENTAL, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to work outdoors in types of weather conditions, including but not limited to wet and cold (below freezing) condition, along with exposure to fumes. Requires some physical exertion when pre-tripping, chaining up, washing buses inside and out, which requires a full range of body movements including frequent bending/stooping, kneeling, twisting, squatting, lifting up to 50 pounds or more on an occasional basis. Long periods of sitting with intermittent physical exertion are required. Requires the ability to receive/exchange written and/or verbal instructions.
To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular programs
- Perform and record pre/post trip safety inspections as required daily, document any defects or deficiencies.
- Bus must be kept clean at all times, inside and out. Wash weekly, sweep daily, mop as needed, windows must be kept clean at all times.
- Must wear safety equipment as provided by the transportation department as required.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline with students on the bus and follow established students discipline procedures, be firm, friendly and fair.
- Report undisciplined children to the Transportation Director after you talk with the children and make contact with the parents.
- Notify dispatch in case of mechanical failure or lateness.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Report all accidents/incidents and complete required reports.
- Perform evacuation drills as required by CDE.
- Enforces bus rules in accordance with school district policies.
- Operate two-way radio within FCC guidelines.
- Must attend all in-services required by CDE and Transportation Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: Hourly, based Route Drive Salary Schedule and years of experience. Starting range is step 1 through
Work Schedule: Part-time employment, regular route drivers receive 10-25 hours per week, substitute assignments
are on as needed basis
Benefits: No Health Benefits. Discretional leave provided
Hours: As per assigned route
Applicant Notice: This information has been adapted from guidelines by the U.S. Department of Labor, and can be used
to assure the safety and productivity requirements by helping to accurately match employee
qualifications with job functions.
Performance of this position will be evaluated on pre-trip and driving abilities as prescribed by CDL Compliance Unit and in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Employees. Routes, buses and times are subject to change as determined by transportation needs
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that all of the duties are not described above and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my supervisor and management.
Job Contact Information
|Phone||970-264-2228 ext. 5405|
Tuesday, September 11, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)