Teach in Southwest Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PS - Crossing Guard
at Teach in Southwest Colorado
Archuleta School District 50 Joint
Elementary School Crossing Guard
- Good oral communication skills
- Partnership building/teamwork skills
- Ability to work outdoors
- Ability to use good judgment when interacting with adults and children.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is required to stand and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To assist in providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing tardiness by creating a safe loading and unloading zone at the elementary school.
- The traffic control person works with a partner and is responsible for directing traffic during the morning drop off and/or afternoon pick up of students at the elementary school.
- Is trained by local law enforcement to meet minimum traffic safety standards.
- Directs or escorts pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic as necessary.
- Using appropriate signs, lanterns, hand signals and flags, directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic, and warn them of existing dangers.
- Communicates traffic and crossing rules and other information to adults and children.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: Based upon District’s adopted salary schedule, $15.00 per morning shift, $15.00 per afternoon shift
Work Schedule: 165 days per year or as designated by the annual school calendar.
Benefits: No Benefits
Hours: Approximately 7:20 am – 8:20 am and 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm. Applicants may select to work only morning or only afternoon.
FLSA Status: Exempt/classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Classified Employees.
Job Contact Information
Monday, February 10, 2020 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)