Teach in Southwest Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PS- MS - Cheer and Dance Coach
at Teach in Southwest Colorado
Middle School Head Cheer/Dance Coach
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Current or be able to obtain First Aide, CPR and AED certification prior to coaching student-athletes
- Experience in the sport of cheerleading is preferred
- Knowledgeable and familiar with sport of cheerleading/dance (rules, fundamentals, etc.)
- Qualify for district transportation certification to transport student-athletes
- Qualify for Archuleta School District 50 Joint employment based on a background check
The work requires periods of light physical activity and requires long periods of time standing and/or walking. Most of the work is performed in the gym. Typically the position requires the employee to demonstrate football skills to the athletes. The work also requires the ability to speak loudly.
Middle School Principal or person designated by the Board or the superintendent.
To assist students learn the fundamentals of cheerleading/dance and good sportsmanship. Team open to students in 6th-8th grade.
- To organize and run practices
- To teach fundamentals of cheer and dance during practices and games.
- Coach team to perform at basketball games, schedule to be determined.
- Inventory and order equipment
- Holds students accountable to the information provided in the PSHS Student-Athlete and Activity Handbook.
- Observes participants, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the sport of cheer.
- Models positive sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Participates in special activities that may include team dinners, end of the year banquet, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Participates in a school-wide student-athlete character development program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director and/or Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $3,000 per season based upon approved Middle School Coaches Salary Schedule
Work Schedule: Approximately October 14th through December 14th.
Hours: Monday – Friday 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. plus games
FLSA Status: Exempt/Classified
As per board policy regarding classified evaluations.
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that all of the duties are not described above and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my supervisor and management.
Job Contact Information
Monday, May 6, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, June 30, 2019 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)