Morgan County School District Re-3
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-20 - High School Principal - Fort Morgan High School
at Morgan County School District Re-3
The Morgan County School District is seeking an exceptional leader who is ready to offer the necessary leadership in creating a school environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
Manage a large comprehensive high school comprised of a variety of academic, activity, and athletic programs. Serve as an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, and implementation of a clear vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community. Manage the human resources to ensure an orderly work and learning environment. Ensure safety of students and staff.
- Direct building-level curriculum and instruction for the purpose of increasing student achievement. Knowledgeable of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Supervise, assess and monitor student performance using objective and verifiable information, including standardized, criterion-referenced district and teacher developed assessments.
- Evaluate and supervise school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of the school’s curriculum.
- Establish and foster an adult learning environment by maximizing collaboration and adult learning to improve instruction, providing teachers with materials, inspiring new and challenging innovations, and valuing a sense of community.
- Advocate for the students, staff, and district for the purpose of encouraging and promoting community involvement and outreach.
- Develop and manage budgets based on documented program needs, student enrollment, personnel, and other fiscal needs: keep programs within budget limits; maintain fiscal control; accurately report fiscal information.
- Manage use of school facilities; supervise maintenance of facilities to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe campus.
- Facilitate communication (oral and written) between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
- Represent the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment.
- Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Qualifications
- Master’s Degree with successful completion of principal licensure program.
- Minimum of five years of experience in building administration.
Fort Morgan, the county seat of Morgan County, is located on the high plains of Colorado, 80 miles northeast of Denver. Agriculture, livestock feeding and related agribusinesses are the basis of the economy. Fort Morgan’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for residents and their families. The diverse population offers rich flavor to the community and endless opportunities for an enriched life.
Morgan County School District Re-3 is a progressive district that offers a variety of special programs along with a strong foundational education system. The district is always looking at ways to increase student offerings and we are very proud of some recent program additions. The district continues to make strong financial commitments in order to upgrade all of our school facilities with a focus on security and technology.
Fort Morgan High School offers a wide range of academic and vocational programs. Students prepare to go on to schools of higher learning or enter the work force. The student population at the High School is about 900 strong.
Direct Reports include 3 Assistant Principals/AD. Certified / Classified staff of 100 total.
Supervisory responsibilities include hiring, disciplining, terminating, directing work, training and evaluating.
Salary Range - Commensurate with education and experience.
Work Year Contract Days - 230
This position is benefits eligible.
This posting will close on Sunday, March 31.
Review of applications will take place the week of April 1.
Interviews will take place on either April 10 and 11, 2019.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:00 AM -
Sunday, March 31, 2019 4:30 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)