Morgan County School District Re-3
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-20 - Instructional Coach - Pioneer Elementary - PROBATIONARY
at Morgan County School District Re-3
Pioneer Elementary is seeking an Instructional Coach. The position begins August 5, 2019 with new teacher orientation.
Responsible for coaching educators and teams to improve outcomes for students by providing job-embedded professional
development that is differentiated, collaborative, and reflective. Responsibilities include collaborating with teams and
PLC/data groups to implement School Improvement Plans; partnering with educators to sustain implementation of the
Standards Based Teaching and Learning Framework (SBTLF); and, partnering with educators so that students meet or exceed Colorado Academic Standards.
- Support educators in all areas of classroom instruction and environment, including instructional strategies, student engagement strategies, classroom management, and curriculum, and, partner to engage in instructional coaching cycles.
- Provide organized, individual, and/or group learning opportunities.
- Design, coach, and provide support for educators to: 1.) Develop instruction aligned with district and state standards. 2.) Design assessments tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways. 3.) Use data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
- Facilitate and participate in building PLCs/teams and provide research, tools, and resources to support school MTSS and other student support efforts to improve student outcomes.
- Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
- Collaborate: 1.) With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. 2.) With instructional coaches, coordinators, and other district staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to: 1.) Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity. 2.) Include and engage families in the student’s education. 3.) Support all Morgan County School District policies, procedures, and expectations. 4.) Provide personal and professional excellence.
- Participate in: 1.) Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions. 2.) Student and/or family conferences and other meetings. 3.) Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities. 4.) Professional growth opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- More than three years of classroom experience required.
- Instructional coaching and/or leadership experiences at school or district level preferred.
Starting pay is $33,500. The district affords up to 10 years like-for-like experience.
The positions are benefits eligible.
Probationary teaching positions waive any right to portability of any nonprobationary status under C.R.S. § 22-63-203.5.
Fort Morgan, the county seat of Morgan County, is located on the high plains of Colorado, 80 miles northeast of Denver. Agriculture, livestock feeding and related agribusinesses are the basis of the economy. Fort Morgan’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for residents and their families. The diverse population offers rich flavor to the community and endless opportunities for an enriched life.
Morgan County School District Re-3 is a progressive district that offers a variety of special programs along with a strong foundational education system. The district is always looking at ways to increase student offerings and we are very proud of some recent program additions. The district recently made a strong financial commitment to upgrade all of our school facilities with a focus on security and technology.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)