Morgan County School District Re-3
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019-20 - SPED Teacher - Fort Morgan Middle School - PROBATIONARY
at Morgan County School District Re-3
Fort Morgan Middle School is seeking a Special Education teacher. The positions begin August 5, 2019 with new teacher orientation.
Responsible for instructing academic functional classes to students in Integrated Services/Special Education programs in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of district and state content standards.
- Develop, plan, prepare, and implement: 1.) Course content, format, structure, and schedule. 2.) Classroom materials and curriculum. 3.) Individualized Education Plan (IEP) goals, objectives, and transition plans. 4.) Scheduling of staff and meetings in compliance with IEPs.
- Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of special education paraprofessionals.
- Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
- Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
- Monitor student growth and progress to: 1.) Evaluate success of the educational approaches, specialized instruction, supports, and services. 2.) Adapt support as needed. 3.) Maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
- Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
- Collaborate: 1.) With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. 2.) With the district staff and/or outside agencies to promote student success. 3.) With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to: 1.) Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity. 2.) Include and engage families in the student’s education. 3.) Support all Morgan County School District policies, procedures, and expectations. 4.) Provide personal and professional excellence.
- Participate in: 1.) Department, team, building, IEP/staffing, and district meetings and discussions. 2.) Student and/or family conferences and other meetings. 3.) Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities. 4.) Professional growth opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Valid Colorado Teaching license with appropriate endorsements.
- Experience in an educational setting with students with special needs preferred.
Starting pay is $35,500. The district affords up to 10 years like-for-like experience.
The positions are benefits eligible.
Probationary teaching positions waive any right to portability of any nonprobationary status under C.R.S. § 22-63-203.5.
Fort Morgan, the county seat of Morgan County, is located on the high plains of Colorado, 80 miles northeast of Denver. Agriculture, livestock feeding and related agribusinesses are the basis of the economy. Fort Morgan’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for residents and their families. The diverse population offers rich flavor to the community and endless opportunities for an enriched life.
Morgan County School District Re-3 is a progressive district that offers a variety of special programs along with a strong foundational education system. The district is always looking at ways to increase student offerings and we are very proud of some recent program additions. The district recently made a strong financial commitment to upgrade all of our school facilities with a focus on security and technology.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)