Morgan County School District Re-3
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2019 - 20 - Secondary Teacher - Math - Fort Morgan High School
at Morgan County School District Re-3
Fort Morgan High School is seeking applications for a Math Teacher. The position begins August 8, 2019.
Responsible for instructing secondary level students in appropriate subject area in coordination with current curriculum and within the framework of district and state content standards.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, plan, prepare, and implement: 1.) Course content, format, structure, and schedule. 2.) Individualized programs of instruction for students. 3.) Classroom materials and curriculum. 4.) Lesson plans and learning activities.
- Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations.
- Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments.
- Create a classroom environment which maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and wellbeing of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate.
- Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction.
- Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students.
- Communicate students’ progress, and needs with parents/guardians and other staff as needed.
- Collaborate: 1.) With teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. 2.) With colleagues in team and building-based meetings and discussions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to: 1.) Understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity. 2.) Include and engage families in the student’s education. 3.) Support all Morgan County School District policies, procedures, and expectations. 4.) Provide personal and professional excellence.
- Participate in: 1.) Department, team, building, and district meetings and discussions. 2.) Student and/or family conferences and other meetings. 3.) Social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities. 4.) Professional growth opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The position is benefits eligible.
Salary starts at $35,500 with the option to provide up to 10 years like-for-like experience.
Fort Morgan, the county seat of Morgan County, is located on the high plains of Colorado, 80 miles northeast of Denver. Agriculture, livestock feeding and related agribusinesses are the basis of the economy. Fort Morgan’s rich blend of small town tradition and down home hospitality, provides a wonderful background for residents and their families. The diverse population offers rich flavor to the community and endless opportunities for an enriched life.
Morgan County School District Re-3 is a progressive district that offers a variety of special programs along with a strong foundational education system. The district is always looking at ways to increase student offerings and we are very proud of some recent program additions. The district recently made a strong financial commitment to upgrade all of our school facilities with a focus on security and technology.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)