Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Accounting Manager - Denver
at Mortenson Construction
- Job ID
- # of Openings
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an extraordinary customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
…What are you waiting for?
Why You Should Build Your Career with Us -
- A family-owned company since 1954 - You are a part of the Mortenson Family!
- We are headquartered in Golden Valley, MN with easy access to parks, bike trails, etc.
- Brand new fitness center and cafeteria onsite
- We offer many growth opportunities and we believe in developing our team members.
- We genuinely care about our team members, just like how we care about our family members.
The Big Picture –
Mortenson is currently seeking a Group Accounting Manager in Denver, CO. The Group Accounting Manager is responsible for providing accounting, analysis, and financial support to the Denver Group and serve as the key liaison and business partner to the group from the Finance and Accounting department.
What Will You Do?
Manage a team of four or more project accountants who support the finance and accounting needs of multiple project teams managing multi-year construction projects ranging in size from $2M to $300M+.
- Gain an understanding of the scope and areas of work included within the construction contracts being executed by the group, as well as other contractual requirements
- Oversee the preparation of monthly project billings, in accordance with contractual requirements for both cost based and fixed price contracts
- Ensure that all costs are billed on a timely basis
- Resolve customer or project team billing issues as they arise
- Assist group leadership in the timely collection of contract billings
- Follow up with customer contacts as requested and monitor overall cash position of projects to ensure favorable cash flow
- Gain an understanding of the components of labor cost in the geographic areas where the operating group's projects are located. Including the details of union agreements, benefit programs, and prevailing wage requirements.
- Oversee the process for craft labor set-up and the process for capturing and reporting labor hours on a weekly basis for all projects
- Oversee the timely processing by project accountants of subcontractor applications for payment, including for any materials providers.
- Provide assistance to project teams in complying with various other contractual requirements including, but not limited to, certified payroll reporting, minority participation reporting, owner controlled insurance programs and specialized reporting for Federal government projects
- Assist the project managers and the project accountants in the preparation of monthly project financial projections. Train others on use of the forecasting tools and other relevant reports or data such as labor productivity in order to identify and reserve for various project financial risks
- Prepare and review with group leadership the monthly Operating Group Financial Report, which highlights current financial performance versus budget and key financial trends, risks and opportunities for the business.
- Facilitate the timely resolution of issues when questions arise within the operating group. Promote a service oriented, customer friendly approach to our accounting and finance operations
You Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ year’s prior accounting experience
- Knowledge of percent complete accounting and experience in a job cost driven industry
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and ERP accounting applications
- Experience managing a diverse team
- CPA, CMA, CCIFP or MBA preferred
- Previous Construction and / or General Contractor experience preferred
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer
**No Agency e-mails, calls or solicitations accepted**