National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Clinical Administrative Services
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8a-5p
Req # 12328
Provides strategic leadership and direction to all administrative facets of the patient front-end experience, ensuring optimal patient access, registration, patient scheduling, physician scheduling, insurance verification and authorization. Directly participates as a member of the clinic leadership team, ensuring that clinic operations are optimized for the patients, the physicians and the institution.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Directs and oversees the management of Clinical Administrative Service functions, ensuring that all services are effective, cohesive, and consistent with the needs and objectives of the patients, the physicians and the institution as a whole.
- Directs the Institution’s patient access center, ensuring that patients can easily access the institution by providing quality service, accurate, timely scheduling and effective resolution of calls and other forms of contact. Ensures that the access center meets the institutional customer service metrics for quality and service.
- Directs the Institution’s National Second Opinion Practice and VIP programs ensuring that high-profile patients and patients from across the country receive effective, highly coordinated access and scheduling services in a consolidated time frame within a high-touch environment.
- Directs the physician scheduling function. Provides strategic direction and oversight to the physician scheduling process; Works with physician leadership to improve physician satisfaction and the financial and operational effectiveness of physician scheduling. Ensures effective, optimal and timely schedule builds to balance physician needs and patient access requirements.
- Directs the admissions, registration and insurance verification and authorization functions. Ensures accurate registration and timely discharge. Provides strategic direction and leadership to the front-end of the revenue cycle, maximizing the effectiveness of the revenue cycle. Works as a strategic partner with the patient business office, financial counseling and contracting to minimize write-offs and to maximize the Institution’s ability to collect patient accounts.
- Directs ancillary scheduling ensuring the schedules are built effectively to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of ancillary operations. Provides strategic direction and leadership to ancillary departments to help ancillary directors understand and optimize scheduling effectiveness.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight to the administrative aspects of the Institution’s clinical strategic partnerships. Helps ensure that the unique National Jewish patient experience is closely replicated at offsite locations, locally and nationally and that patient administrative services are closely coordinated across the full spectrum of the patient experience.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Conflict: Dealing effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Addresses conflicts by focusing on the issues at hand to develop effective solutions when disputes or disagreements occur; helps others resolve conflicts by providing impartial mediation when needed.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 50-100 employees
Some travel required to off-site locations.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree in business management, healthcare administration or related field, preferred.
A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience leading admissions and outpatient scheduling for a hospital with a large inpatient or outpatient physician clinic required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure